Pairing your favorite GODIVA chocolate with the right wine can create an unforgettable sensory experience. Though I believe that most women understand this intuitively, it’s nice to have the chocolatiers at Godiva confirm what we have always know; that slowing down to truly appreciate the flavor in your chocolate combined with the right wine is a beautiful way to enjoy some of life’s little pleasures.
5 delicious steps for a divine taste experience:
- Smell your wine… Twirl the wine in a glass and breathe in all of the aromas in a long, smooth whiff.
- Look at your chocolate… Note the decoration, sheen, and if possible the perceived flavor.
- Smell your chocolate… Lightly rub the chocolate’s exterior, place towards the nose and smell the chocolate to stimulate your senses.
- Taste your chocolate… Take a small bite and rest the tongue for 10-15 seconds. Notice how different aspects of the chocolate’s composition melt at different times, and your senses highlight multiple flavors throughout the experience.
- Taste your wine… Take a sip of wine and sense the balance and complexity of the chocolate and wine on your palette.
Start to move the chocolate around your mouth and lightly bite.
*Sigh* Pure heaven.
At ALENA KIRBY, we are spending the entire month of October giving thanks for GODIVA Belgian chocolates. See below for this week’s promotion!
Try these Godiva chocolate bar & wine pairings:
Dark Chocolate Raspberry with Pinot Noir
An intense wine with lower sugar content is perfect with this dark and tangy chocolate to maximize this lively and elegant combination.
The wine’s bold fruit aromas and flavors like red plum and boysenberry harmonize well with the rich flavor and texture of this bar.
**Godiva recommends beginning with lighter wines and ending with more full-bodied wines for an optimal tasting experience.