Appetizer, burger, veggies, cocktails and dessert. All you need for a fabulously impressive, completely delish and easy-to-make BBQ meal. Impress your friends. You don’t have to tell anyone that your secret ingredient is Gourmet du Village… but be sure to have some kind of answer ready, because they WILL ask you what your secret is.
Here is the meal plan: Sun Dried Tomato Baked Brie on Baguette to begin. Roasted Garlic Beer Burgers (say that again slowly…roasted…garlic…beer…burger) and Spicy Garlic BBQ Roasted Vegetables. You’ll turn even your die-hard beer-drinking friends into margarita converts with our easy and delicious margarita recipe. End with chilled hot-chocolate custard pudding. *Sigh*
Sun Dried Tomato Baked Brie
- 22 ml (1 ½ tbsp) olive oil
- 22 ml (1 ½ tbsp) Gourmet du Village Sun Dried Tomato Dip Mix
- 1 Brie
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
Place Brie Baker, without putting the lid on, in center of hot oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven (with oven mitts) & put Brie Baker cover on Baker to keep baked brie warm and soft until ready to serve. Place hot Brie Baker on a serving platter and surround with toasted baguette slices. Remove lid just before eating. This can be done on the BBQ if you have a barbecue-safe brie baker.
The Main Course:
- 454 g (1 lb) fresh ground medium beef
- Contents of pouch of Gourmet du Village Roasted Garlic Dip Mix
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) lager type beer
- 90 ml (1/3 cup) grated Old Cheddar cheese
- 22 ml (1 ½ tbsp) mayonnaise
Open the bottle of beer and pour about ¼ of it into a measuring cup. Enjoy the rest while preparing the burgers!
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 celeriac, diced into 1 in. pieces
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. Spicy Garlic BBQ Seasoning
- Preheat your barbecue on medium heat.
Wash and peel vegetables. Cut them into chunks (approx. 1 inch).
In a large bowl, pour olive oil and spicy garlic seasoning. Add vegetables and mix thoroughly. Pour into a barbecue proof dish and cover with an aluminum sheet. Cook on medium heat for 30-45 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- 1 (6 ounce, 218g) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 oz (175ml) tequila
- 2 oz (60ml) triple sec
- 1/2 oz orange juice
- Gourmet du Village Margarita Rim Trim
- one lime
Fill blender with crushed ice. Pour in limeade concentrate, tequila, triple sec and orange juice. Blend until smooth (adding in juice of one lime while blending). Use the lime peel to wet the rim of the glasses and dip them into the Margarita Rim Trim. Pour blend into glasses and serve.
Hot Chocolate Custard Pudding
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) Corn Starch
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- Contents of one pouch Gourmet Village Hot Chocolate Mix (any flavour)
- 2 cups (500 ml) homogenized milk
- ½ to 1 tsp (2.5 – 5 ml) vanilla
Combine the corn starch, sugar & Hot Chocolate Mix in a medium saucepan. Gradually add the milk, stirring well with a spoon or a wire whisk until well-mixed. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring continuously to ensure that lumps do not form. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn heat down, so you do not over-boil. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. The pudding will thicken as it cools. Pour into individual glasses, cover, and chill.
Your secret ingredients:
You may also like: