Nous sommes fous de Ricardo. Québécois, une personnalité charmante, il est surtout un cuisinier passionné. Nous cherchons son avis sur tout ce qui est comestible. Cet été, pour améliorer notre saison barbecue, Ricardo a développé un gadget qui nous permettra de cuisiner le meilleur hamburger de la planète. Il s’agit du ‘Presse-hamburger 2 en 1’ et nous sommes très excités de vous l’offrir. Voici quelques conseils pour créer ce nouveau hamburger qui deviendra le favori de tous.
We are mad about Ricardo. He’s charming, he’s great in the kitchen and he’s from right here in Quebec. We take his advice on all things edible. This summer, for our barbecuing pleasure, Ricardo has developed a nifty little gadget that makes (and I don’t think I could possibly be overstating this) the single best burger in the whole of the galaxy. It’s called the Burger Stacker and we are pretty stoked about it. Here are some tips on how to make your new favorite burger.
We are posting and translating Ricardo’s recipes and user guide for the perfect patty because we love this guy. And these burgers.
The Perfect Burger
Large burger or mini burger? This tool let’s you make both!
By creating wide and even patties, all with the same thickness, you can be sure your burgers will all cook at the same speed. Say goodbye to squat, shrunken patties lost in a seemingly oversize bun.
How to make stuffed hamburgers:
1. With about 60ml (1/4 cup) of meat, create a small patty using the large press fitted with the nylon disk. Remove the patty from the ring.
2. Make a second patty with 125ml (1/2 cup) of meat. Then, create a depression in the center of the patty using the small press.
3. Fill the depression with 15ml (1 tbsp) of pesto (recipe below) or the filling of your choice (BBQ sauce, cheese sauce, etc.).
4. Place the small patty over the large stuffed patty and press lightly. And there you have it: the perfect stuffed patty!
Choosing the right meat for your burger:
If it is extra lean, it will be difficult to work with and, worst of all, will be too dry. And if it is too fatty, it will shrink too much during cooking. So go with lean beef and you’ll have a juicy patty, guaranteed. For the ultimate burger, don’t go with the pre-packaged ground beef. Ask your butcher to grind a nice cut of blade of beef, with just the right amount of fat.
Important Notice: Stop fussing with your patty!
Wait until your grill is very hot and then oil it. Place your patty on the grill and STOP! Drop your spatula and wait until one side of your patty is well cooked before flipping it: it will unstick on it’s own!
The Jalapeño Stuffed Burger… Ricardo style.
1. With a food processor, grind 2 jalapeño peppers (with or without seeds), 2 garlic cloves, 60ml (1/4 cup) roasted pine nuts and 60ml (1/4 cup) grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
2. Add 500ml (2cups) fresh coriander, 30ml (2 tbsp) of lime juice and pour 60ml (1/4 cup) of Canola Oil (all at once) and mix until puréed. Add salt & pepper.
3. Stuff 4 beef patties (using above method) and cook as usual.
The 2-in-1 Burger Stacker by Ricardo
Made of stainless steel and nylon, the set includes 2 rings to makes perfectly sized, pressed and proportioned mini & regular burgers. Creates perfect stuffed patties. Two lids ensure easy storage. Dishwasher safe. Click here to purchase from the Alena Kirby website for $18.99.
Do you have a favorite burger recipe?
We’d love to hear about it! Without giving away your secret (though we do, definitely want your secret recipe) what is your favorite burger? Please share in our comments section!
Avez-vous une recette spéciale de hamburger?
Nous aimerions la connaître! Sans trop en dévoiler, quel est votre hamburger favori? SVP écrivez-nous un commentaire!
Traduction de l’anglais par Lucie Farand.